Sunday, May 10, 2015

Food Cart Project Part XVI: Windows, FRP and Trim...

The windows made their way into the cart this weekend. Well, they didn't make their way into it, so much as I put them there. These were easier to hang than the door, which itself wasn't nearly as nightmarish as I'd expected. That flashing tape around them can be a little tricky to work with, however; it really likes to stick to itself. I went with a pair of pretty standard double-pane 4'x3' sliders:


I also made much progress on the interior:


All of the FRP (fiber reinforced plastic) and its moulding is in. This is the pebbly textured plastic paneling you see in pretty much every bar or fast food restaurant restroom in North America. It's durable, easy to clean, and it makes health departments happy. Much of this weekend was also spent milling leftover 2x4s into 3/8 in strips for the trim, which I then cut to size and installed. It still needs to be painted, of course. I haven't decided if I'm going to go with white or some shade of brown that mimics a stained look.

Next weekend's agenda will call for putting in the flooring, building the rest of the counters, and starting on the ceiling/roof. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It keeps getting better!

Anonymous said...

It keeps getting better!

Macerating Shallots said...

Thanks! Yeah, it's coming together, slowly but surely...